Thursday, March 31, 2011

So What's Our Blog All About?

B.C.:  Having never blogged before in my life, I'm really unsure as of what to post, so I'll go ahead and state the basics.  My name's Brody, and together with my good friend Joey, we've created a small, unassuming blog that chronicles our endeavors into the world of motorcycling.  If you're following us, you'll be seeing posts from me ( preceded by "B.C.")  and posts from Joey (J.A.) so as to know who is writing/blogging.

First off, a brief history.

I won't bore you with a lot of unnecessary details (yeah right) and I'll try to stick to the story.  A few years ago, I acquired a 1986 Honda Spree from a neighbor of mine who told me his girlfriend had no use for the thing.  Being the time it was, I really found myself with no interest in the small, shoddy looking bike that now stood before me, until he told me I could have it for free.  Yea, the magic 'F' word.  Really works wonders.  What was I supposed to say?  So it sat there in my garage for a few weeks, not really moving from the spot where it was initially parked.  My neighbor had originally told me that he was looking for the pink slip, and would deliver it to me when he found it, but that never happened.  Pretty soon, it caught my friend Joey's eye, and he asked me if I was ever going to do anything with it.  I told him he could have it for $50 if he wanted, as I had no use for it.  So he brought his truck over, picked it up, and took it home.

The next day, he and his dad had it running.

Man, he was the coolest guy ever, cruising to band camp on a 50cc scooter.  And once I saw that, I was kicking myself for having sold it.  I mean, I could have been riding that! Oh well..... So a little while later, I acquired a 1982 Honda PA50 II moped from a neighbor that was moving, and I was finally able to be that guy who would cruise to school on the moped.  We were on top of the world.  That is, until my neighbor noticed that Joey was cruising around on the scooter he had given me, which apparently was news to him, and having never found the pink slip, he started demanding that the scooter be placed back in his possession now that it was running.  As it is widely known, a vehicle does not have to be in one's possession in order for the title to be transferred, but this didn't stop him.  When Joey refused (with good reason) my neighbor called the police, and said we had stolen the scooter from his property.

Wanting to avoid any complications with the matter, Joey returned the scooter to my neighbor, who promptly sold it on craigslist.com with the pink slip in hand, and in running condition for $450.


Second, a look at where we are now:

Fast-forward about 3 years, and here we are now.  Collectively, we've now owned around 30+ motorcycles and scooters, and we're not stopping any time soon.  Thanks to the one fateful incident that allowed us to experience the joy of riding, we're hooked.

Because of the vast number of motorcycles and scooters that we've owned so far, we've been able to learn our way around the inner-workings of the machines, and with every bike we bring home, we learn just a little bit more about the mechanical aspects specific to each model and manufacturer.

It wasn't long ago that we decided to move quite a bit of stuff out of both our garages, and to scour craigslist for good deals which we can then, in turn, restore to proper working condition, and re-sell as running and riding machines.  We're both in this for the spirit of the hobby, as it has become something of a lifestyle for the both of us.

Third:  So where does this blog fit in?

This blog was created 1) For us to be able to chronicle our work on various projects, 2) for us to write about anything related to motorcycling and how it has affected us, and 3) for anyone interested in following us along our journey in this hobby.

Thanks for reading!
-Brody

No comments:

Post a Comment